What do we think qualifies a great leader?
- A leader inspires others by empowerment. They use qualities like motivation and inspiration. They encourage others and bring out the best in everyone around them.
- A leader is usually a visionary. They see possibilities and solutions that no one else sees. They know how to make those visions come to fruition.
- A leader never loses focus on the end result. Once their goal is determined, they will encounter obstacles, but they maintain patience and perseverance and they never lose focus on the end result.
- A leader doesn’t get caught up and waste time on petty gossip. A leader continues to focus on what’s best for the company, group or organization.
- A leader is typically a positive person by nature. Sure negative things happen to all of us, but a leader typically responds to a negative situation and is able to put a positive spin on it.
- A leader is always fair. They treat everyone with mutual respect and they don’t take sides based on favoritism. They do what is morally and ethically right, even if the majority doesn’t agree.
What qualities do you think make a great leader?